Thursday 26 September 2013

Cinematic Spaces: First Sketchbook Thumbnails


'20,000 Leagues Under The Sea' Scenes

(1 -17)
These landscape ideas are beneath the ocean outside of the submarine.
The book has very descriptive paragraphs of the vegetation and plant life with the ability to take them to the next level. My favorites here are 1, 2 and 16.




(19 - 37)
This page consists of ideas for the library inside the submarine. Jules Verne has really described the furniture and the room itself very deeply and will challenge my perspective skills. My favorites are 18, 22 and 36.


4 comments:

  1. Heidi, these are great. already exploring perspective and space. Keep these sketches coming, they are full of energy and life. These traditional skills will always prove helpful when you move into the digital world. Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jordan. :) I'll be posting more throughout the day.

      Delete
  2. Hey Heidi,
    It's Ant, I'm part of your creative partnership group :). These are awesome by the way, I love the use of line work seems almost illustrative to me. I'm liking 3, 10 with the long sea weed? plants? I think you could design some interesting underwater plants for this. Also number 14 seems as though I can walk into the shot, looks great :) I think you've got a really interesting project here with lots of potential :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ant,
      Thank you for giving your feedback. :) All of these are very light and quick sketches to get a better picture of what my final 3 Concepts will be. Most of these have actually given me more ideas by lines I have interpreted into shapes.

      Delete