Thursday 15 January 2015

@Alan Adaptation (B): Ideas for 'Source'

Adaptation (B)
Ideas for 'Source'

Since my tutorial on Tuesday, I have looked into other ideas that could spark a character for a game environment. Any feedback would be highly appreciated!

Books & Short Stories:

  • Phantom Tollbooth
  • Peter Pan
  • The Hare & The Tortoise
  • The Cunning Fox & The Clever Stork
  • Goldilocks & The Three Bears
  • Jack & The Beanstalk

Rhymes/Poems:

  • Three Blind Mice
  • Hey, Diddle, Diddle
  • The Hummingbird

Others:

  • A child's invisible friend
  • A child's dream
  • A child's 'hero'
  • An Emotion/Energy

My Favorite Ideas

I like the idea of either adapting the characters Peter Pan, Goldilocks or Jack from the books; The Hummingbird from it's poem or a child's invisible friend. I would take one of these characters into a more serious manner than they are already portrayed; and change their whole persona to make a hero/heroine based game's character. Overall, 'The Hummingbird' poem stood out for me, it is very descriptive and very bold; and in my own opinion could evoke quite a unique character to create a game from.



'The Hummingbird'

Yes, I am small, but can you move like me?
Can you fly backwards and hum like a bee?
Now you can see me! I've stopped for a while.
How you admire me. See how you smile.

Pay close attention! Don't even blink!
Look at my colours. What do you think?
I hover just briefly to suck up sweet nectar.
I guess you could say I'm a nectar collector.

Aviation designers have learned a few things.
From watching me fly, and my light perfect wings.
You may think I'm cocky or too confident.
But sit and observe. It will be time well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment