Friday 3 July 2015

Acting Lessons: Class Review and Experience

Acting Lessons: Class Review and Experience

What I had gained from these acting classes was mainly more confidence, but also a better understanding of others around me. This fundamentally helped me understand and think in a different way creatively when it comes to my own CG work around character design. I definitely enjoyed the activities that happened during each Wednesday and I felt a lot more inspired towards live action and animation.



Acting Class 01 (4th March)
  • The first acting class was about becoming something else that your partner had designed, using our bodies like 'clay'. Such as a tree, rock star and a table! The second part was to create a story using three freeze frames.

Acting Class 02 (11th March)
  • The second acting class was all about 'class status'. This was shown by attaching a playing card to our foreheads; starting from Ace all the way up to the King. (Lowest - Highest) We would then have to guess our own statuses to how the people around the room would treat you.
  • The next half of the lesson we we paired together and given a scenario. However, we were individually given 'an end goal' with different statuses. Such as Josh and I were given 'mother' and a 'son' role, yet my goal was to meet his girlfriend before he went out, while Josh had to leave before I could meet his girlfriend. (High and Low).

Acting Class 03 (18th March)
  • The third acting class was about imagination and thinking on the spot. There were several items spread out over the floor, ranging from toilet rolls, gloves, books and a top hat. One person would leave the room while the rest of us would choose an object, and imaginably change it to become 'something else'.
  • When the person re-entered the room, we could only communicate by clapping to indicate if the person was acting out the right thing. For example, when I left the room and re-entered, I discovered I had been given the computer mouse. I had to perform several silly actions to guess what it might be, and in the end it was a skipping rope. Others had the top hat as a towel, a hole punch as nail clippers and a toilet roll as a cat.

Acting Class 04 (15th April)
  • For the fourth and final acting class we were paired again and were given an identity to portray for the rest of the evening. We had to become these characters using a mask to cover our faces to help bring out our new identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment